Jennifer Adams is Running the Pig
On May 4 I will run the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon (http://www.flyingpigmarathon.com/) as a member of the CUChicago Marathon Team. I plan to dedicate this run to my friends and family in gratitude for the many ways they have always supported my personal endeavors and professional pursuits. Flying Pig is my hometown marathon. My fiance, Eric and I will will run this first marathon together, while our parents and children cheer us on.
I am running to benefit the Concordia Center for Literacy (http://gradschool.cuchicago.edu/news-events-outreach/center-for-literacy/). The persistent achievement gap in school performace for young children necessitates institutions like Concordia University Chicago to actively work toward educational equity. Funds donated to the Center for Literacy will contribute to sustain on-going initiatives to support students and teachers in three specific ways:
1. provide programs and services that support literacy learning for students;
2. promote professional development programs and and services for teachers related to effective literacy instruction;
3. encourage CUC students and faculty to engage in meaningful and authentic research and development of best practices.
I am thrilled to promote the development of these programs at Concordia.
Jenny's Fan Club Benefits- Quentin and Olivia, Managers
Consider donating at the following levels and recieve these special benefits:
- $50 Get real time text updates during the race as I pass checkpoints
- $100 Benefits above AND a handpainted sign with a message from you held at the race by my cheering squad
- $250 Benefits above AND a FULL MILE SPONSORSHIP. Be sure to designate your preferred mile, and my Managers will call you while I am running your mile
- $500 or more Challenge me to run another 26.2, such as the Bank of America Chicago Marathon in October 2014 with the CUC Marathon Team.
If you will be in Southwestern Ohio on the the weekend of the race, please contact me to find out how to hook up with the cheering squad. Quentin will be running his first 5K event on Saturday, May 3. Be a part of the BIG CHEER at his finsih.
Thank you for your contributions and your support!