The Rodriguez's Run 26.2 for CUC...again!
Last fall, on October 13th, we could be found making our way through the Chicago Marathon course...running our very first marathon together, only a few short months after graduating from Concordia, moving, starting new jobs and getting married. Now, training for a marathon in the middle of so many life changes and then running a marathon might be an extreme test of newlywed love - however training for and running a second marathon together a year later just might be one step crazier! BUT that is what we are doing because we are super blessed to have the opportunity.
In just a few months, we will be found in Chicago again to run in support of a great Christian university. Our college is celebrating it's 150th Anniversary, as part of that, we started raising money last year for a new fitness center on campus to help support the well-being of all students and faculty at our school. Together with last year's marathon team we raised over $33,000 for the new fitness center and are still working toward adding to that number this year.
Training and running the race are tough things but we find great encouragement and inspiration from God's word for a challenge like this. Hebrews 12:1-3 says: 'Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.'
We need help from all of you to reach our training goals, our goal to finish the race, and our goal to raise $2,000 for our university. We are so honored to have the opportunity to represent Concordia and give back through our miles!
Adam and Kyla's Fan Club Benefits
Consider donating at the following levels to receive special benefits!
- Bandwagon level - $10: All fans who donate at least $10 will get their picture added to our motivation board of supporters
- Marathon level - $26.20: All fans who donate at least $26.20 will get a training run dedicated to them
- Anniversary Level - $150: All fans who donate at least $150 will receive a special thank you gift from us!
- Elite Level - $300: All fans who donate at least $300 will have their name(s) added to a racebibs we will wear during the marathon
- Ultra Marathon level - $500: All fans who donate at least $500 can challenge us to run another half or full marathon in the future
Thank you in advance for all your support!
Adam and Kyla